TOEFL Number 3
1.(A). She went to an archaeological excavation.
(B). She dug up plenty of rocks in the yard.
(C). She found a great deal of information for the report.
(D). She likes geology a lot.
2. (A). The weather was just right.
(B). We couldnt deal with the weather.
(C). The weather went from one extreme to another.
(D). We tried to predict the weather for our vacation.
3. (A). He has money to spend on several important things.
(B). He spent money unwisely.
(C). He didnt want to spend money on anything.
(D). He didnt need much money.
4. (A). John was more relaxed before.
(B). John used to be nervous.
(C). John has always been quiet.
(D). John always seems tired now.
5. (A). We should discuss it.
(B). They didnt even take it with them.
(C). Do you think they will let us talk
(D). We suspect that it is not very big.
6. (A). He conducted an experiment.
(B). He repaired the car.
(C). He went shopping.
(D). He did some house work.
7. (A). Why was the class canceled
(B). No one canceled the class.
(C). Are you certain the class was canceled
(D). Surely the class was canceled.
8. (A). I dont think you should do it.
(B). Its better to do it this way.
(C). That way isnt any better.
(D). Thats even worse.
9. (A). Grant found two different apartments.
(B). Grant has already paid two months rent.
(C). Grant is paying $400 per month.
(D). Grant redoubled his efforts to find an apartment.
10. (A). How can you identify that tree
(B). Whos the oldest of the three
(C). Hold the tray so I can see it.
(D). This tree is probably very old.
11. (A). They were going to see the snakes.
(B). They went to get something to eat.
(C). They usually like to study together.
(D). They had to buy some sneakers.
12. (A). It only took me an hour to come to a conclusion.
(B). I didnt have a chance to revise the conclusion.
(C). Later on I concluded that I had been wrong.
(D). I started to rewrite the conclusion an hour ago.
13. (A). Jim hurt his foot when returning.
(B). Jim heard it correctly the second time.
(C). Jim weighed his pack.
(D). Jim hurt his back.
14. (A). I wrote my report on lined notebook paper.
(B). One of the bookstore employees was out of line.
(C). The bookstore shelves are lined with paper.
(D). Theres no more lined notebook paper in the bookstore.
15. (A). Carol left for the university.
(B). Carol hoped to join the band.
(C). Carols band performed at our university.
(D). Carols concert took place outdoors.
16. (A). Little children usually have fun with each other.
(B). Some people dont like small children.
(C). Little children sometimes laugh at other people.
(D). Those children like each other very much.
17. (A). She chose some music to listen to.
(B). She organized some photographs.
(C). She read the menu and made a selection.
(D). She moved the furniture in the room.
18. (A). Was there a performance last night or not
(B). Which critics gave us these good reviews
(C). The performance definitely received high ratings from the press.
(D). Im not sure whether the show received excellent ratings.
19. (A). Ellen is probably sick.
(B). Ellen enjoys winter weather.
(C). Ellen is really a warm person.
(D). Ellen is younger than she appears to be.
1/2 1 2 下一页 尾页