Some people prefer to keep busy all the time, because they feel that it makes the day pass by more quickly. Others like to have five or ten minutes to relax every so often. In America, most employers dislike seeing employees doing nothing for extended periods, and give supervisors the responsibility for ensuring everyone has something to do.
1. Today has just been crazy. 今天都快忙疯了。
2. It's been an extremely hectic day. 今天忙的乱七八糟。
3. I've been busy all day. 我今天一整天都非常忙。
4. I had a million things to do today. 我今天有成千上万的事要做。
5. I haven't had a minute to relax all day. 我今天连一分钟都没休息。
6. I've been working like a madman all day. 我今天一整天都像个疯子一样工作。
7. I can't wait to get home and relax. 我想马上回家休息一下。
8. I haven't made a dent in my paperwork. 我的那些文件没怎么动。
9. I've still got a ton of paperwork left to do. 我有成吨的工作要做。
10. There's no end to the paperwork I have on my desk. 我桌上的工作永远没个完。
Are you usually very busy? Would you like to be? What do John and Carl have to say about this, using some typical Modern English?
How is your day, usually?你这一天过的怎么样？
Get some useful phrases here! 从这儿学一些有用的词组吧!
Some people are obsessed with work, and are not happy unless each workday is very busy. They think nothing of working extra hours, and even work on weekends and vacation. Most people, however, function more efficiently by having a break every so often.
What: How to talk about how busy you are
Who: Do you work?
Where: Usually at work, could be at home, in a bar
When: You want everyone to know you've been busy
Why: There are some busy days for most jobs
At the end of the next day in the office, John runs into Carl and comments on how he hasn't seen him for a few days. Carl tells John how busy he's been. How busy can you get?
John: Hey, Carl! Wait up.
Carl: Hi, John. How's everything, buddy?
John: Real good. I've been really busy all day. How about you? I haven't seen you for a while.
Carl: Yeah, today has just been crazy for me too. I've been working like a madman all day.
John: I know what you mean. I haven't had a minute to relax all day.
Carl: There just isn't enough time. I haven't even made a dent in my paperwork.
John: It's no joke, is it? I've still got a ton of paperwork to do, too.
Carl: I had a million things to do today, and only managed to finish a few.
John: Wow! (jokingly) At that rate, you'll be a really old man before you ever catch up.
Carl: (laughing) I feel like an old man already. I can't wait to get home and relax.
John: Well, get a move on then.
Carl: Good idea. See you tomorrow, MAYBE.
1/3 1 2 3 下一页 尾页