1-5 ACCBA 6-10. BABCA 11-15 CBCBA 16. 90 17. month
18. Reference 19. New Year's Day 20. ID card
21. We've had a good start, but next, more work needs _____to achieve the final success.
A. being done B. do C. to be done D. to do
【答案】C 【解析】句意…更多的工作需要去做以取得最后的成功. need做实意动词后接动词作宾语有两种结构 need doing意为 “主语需要被做”可以用 need to be done转换; need to do 主语需要(自己)去做;
22. Don't worry. The hard work that you do now ______later in life.
A. will be repaid B. was being repaid C. has been repaid D. was repaid
【答案】A 【解析】句意…你现在所做的努力在以后的生活中会有回报的. 显然是将来时态且为被动.
23. Time, ________ correctly, is money in the bank.
A. to use B. used C. using D. use
【答案】B【解析】句意使用得当,时间就是银行里的钱. 要填的是非谓语形式,,而且use和主语time的关系是动宾关系,所以要用过去分词表被动意义,相当一个条件状语从句if it (time) is used correctly.
24. Bicycling is good exercise; _______, it does not pollute the air.
A. nevertheless B. besides C. otherwise D. therefore
【答案】B 【解析】题干前后表示的是叠加意义 好的锻炼;不污染空气,所以用besides “除了…(还…)”; 答案A意为 “然而”；C “要不然”；D“所以”。
25. Close the door of fear behind you, and you _____ the door of faith open before you.
A. saw B. have seen C. will see D. are seeing
26. Everyone in the village is very friendly. It doesn't matter ____you have lived there for a short or a long time.
A. why B. how C. whether D. when
27. The moment _____soon, he thought to himself, waiting nervously.
A. came B. has tome C. was coming D. is coming
【答案】D 【解析】根据soon “很快”很容易断定是将来时，这里是直接引语，所以要用D（表示 “来、去、动身、启程”这类动词经常用进行时表将来）。句意：“这一时刻很快就要到了”。
28. _____I always felt I would pass the exam, I never thought I would get an A.
A. While B. Once C. If D. Until wwW.tiNGlIkU.Com
29. Sorry, I am too busy now. If I _____ time, I would certainly go for an outing with you.
A. have had B. had had C. have D. had
【答案】D 【解析】根据上下文可知，这是对现在情况的虚拟，if 从句用过去式，主句用would+原形。
30. It was not until I came here _____I realized this place was famous for not only its beauty but also its weather.
A. who B. that C. where D. before
【答案】B 【解析】句意：直到我来到这儿才意识到，这个地方不仅以它的美而且以它的天气出名。这里是强势结构It is+被强调部分+that…;本题强调的是时间状语。注意中文 “直到…才…”用until表达常有以下三种形式：not…until; Not until (否定的状语谓语句首，后面的主句谓语用一般疑问句结构倒装)；It is not until…that…(强势结构)。所以，本题也可以如下说：I did not realized this place was famous for not only its beauty but also its weather until I came here(正常结构)；Not until I came here did I realize this place was famous for not only its beauty but also its weather(倒装结构)。