drive home: make (sth.) clear so that people understand it
drive sth. home (to sb.)
- He drove the point home with another quotation.
- 我们必须使他彻底明白困难在哪里。(We must drive home to him where the difficulties lie.)
- Peter was lazy. His parents tried to drive home to him the importance of hard work.
- 我害怕坐飞机；我怕飞机可能坠毁。(I'm scared to fly in a plane. I'm scared that it might crash.)
- 警察正在住宅内搜查一件藏匿的武器。(The police were searching the house for a hidden weapon.)
- 现在，中国人的生活比以前强多了。(Nowadays Chinese people are better off than they used to be.)
- 马丁? 路德 ? 金的讲演深深打动了听众。 (Martin Luther King's speech deeply affected the audience.)
- They didn't like my suggestion that she share the room with her classmate.
- At my suggestion we went on a picnic.
- When I visited Shanghai for the first time I got lost in the rather complex network of roads.
- After seven years of study, he succeeded in joining the faculty of Columbia University.
- 我对计算机一窍不通。(I'm rather ignorant about computer.)
- 中国正与其他国家竞争国际市场。(China is now competing with other countries for world market.)
- 他债台高筑。(His debts accumulated.)
No modestly educated adult can fail to be upset by such an experience.
4. 那人跟凯文解释说， 如果一个人没有钱，教育能提供积累金融资本所必需的人力资本。
(The man explains to Kevin that when a man has no money, education can supply the human capital necessary to start to acquire financial capital.)
(These skills are something that math and science teach and are essential for adolescents to become thinking, intelligent members of society.)
miracle: n. an amazing or wonderful event, esp. sth. that happens unexpectedly
- There was a severe earthquake in that area, but by a miracle, no one was killed in it.
- The teacher told me that it'd be a miracle if I passed the examination.
- It was a miracle that the pilot landed the plane in that snowstorm.
by a miracle 依靠奇迹；奇迹般地
to a miracle 奇迹般地；（好得）不可思议地
accomplish / perform / work a miracle 创造奇迹